Oakland Acupuncture Project is currently looking to add a substitute punk to its roster at our busy clinics. We are looking to hire and train someone right away.
Our two busy successful clinics in Oakland have been operating for over 14 years. We are open 7 days a week.
Who Are You?
- You love being very busy and you are excited to treat six patients an hour
- You have a clean and valid California acupuncture license
- You communicate calmly and well with patients and co-workers
- You have attention to detail, clean up, help out, are aware of your surroundings
- You have healthy boundaries and know when to say ‘no’ to difficult patients
- You look for and implement solutions, rather than complain
- You love community acupuncture and can tell us why
- You are comfortable with a diverse community and are body positive
Who Are We?
- We provide an opportunity to see many diverse patients while working in a fun and supportive environment.
- While we value experienced punks, we are happy to train new practitioners.
- We start all our punks at a base hourly of $15/hour with a commission bonus of $7.50 per patient over 8 in a given shift. All of our shifts are generally 5 hours seeing 5 or 6 patients an hour.
- We do not emphasize any specific style or method beyond doing what you think is really awesome acupuncture, but not making a big deal about it.
- We expect our punks, after training and shadowing, to navigate our online scheduling, online chart noting, and invisible receptionist.
- We have a very low tolerance for shenanigans, but enthusiastically support diligent work with as many benefits as we can possibly afford.
- How to Apply
If you’re interested, please email Jeff a cover letter and an up-to-date, one page resume with your license number to firstname.lastname@example.org Include your acupuncture training/experience and non-acupuncture work history, especially if it includes any food service experience.